Business Development Representative
At FarmLogs we believe in helping growers use technology to create a better future for farming. We make products that provide timely, unbiased information that our customers can use to improve yield and eliminate waste.
October 12, 2016
February 28, 2017
Agriculture, Airline - Aviation, Technology
Home Base Iowa Company:
$42,000 - $65,000
Who We Are
Our mission is to invent the future of farming. We're transforming the oldest and most important industry in the world from “gut instinct” to data science. Our platform already exposes critical operational data insights to 1 out of every 3 farms in the U.S. and our users absolutely love us.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for achieving great wins. People love engaging with you and you thrive on interacting with others and having fun. You are also an analytical and strategic thinker who loves solving problems with quantitative analysis and data. You crave a fast-paced environment where you can work collaboratively with a team and there’s huge growth potential. Your competitive drive, enthusiasm and ability to persuade and negotiate are some of the things you pride yourself on the most. You have an endless desire to learn and love tackling new challenges.
About the Role
As a Business Development Representatives at FarmLogs, you will work closely with the rest of your team and team leader in a high volume prospecting and sales environment to uncover sales opportunities and manage the sales process. You will have the opportunity to go through an extensive hands-on training process in which you will learn all the skills and knowledge you need to be successful. Your success will directly contribute to the continuing growth of our strong user base.
Tasks You’ll Be Juggling
- Prospecting the existing lead database of FarmLogs users via email and phone to help identify accounts who are a good fit for FarmLogs premium (paid) offerings
- Reaching out to those prospects and engaging in conversations designed to discover sales opportunities
- Gaining commitment from prospects to attend a product centric follow up call with an Inside Sales Representative
- Consistently meeting and exceeding daily activity goals
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in Economics, Communications, Business Management, Psychology or Business Administration preferred, but not necessary
- 0 to 5 years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people successfully, either in person or over the phone, to lead or persuade, and overcome challenges
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Ability to take direction, be coached and mentored
- Strong web and computer skills: Google Docs, Outreach and Salesforce.com experience desirable
- Possesses a career focused attitude in the workplace and works towards promotion goals
Nice to Have:
- Grew up on or have a connection to a farm